We ask for a small yearly membership fee of £15 to help us provide a service to our members. This helps to cover web hosting, domain names, advertising, travel to meetings, promotion and other costs associated with running the RCTA.
In return, we offer a number of benefits which include;-
- New traders liaison point of contact.
- Setting up a new business – advice and information.
- Provide two CRT sanctioned, verified ‘Licenced Canal Trader’ stickers.
- Advertising of your business via our website Directory.
- Provide information on first steps to setting up a web site and shop for floating businesses.
- Depending on funds available, advertise on Facebook, in newspapers and magazines, canal related publications, etc.
- Advice around completing forms for Roving Canal Traders licences.
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram marketing of RCTA members’ businesses and locations.
- Advise on trading locations, and upcoming trading events.
- Advice on incentives for traders available to use, etc.
- Organising Floating Markets throughout the trading season, including appropriate event insurance, health and safety, and marketing (depending on funds available).
- Represent members at CRT arranged meetings.
Note: Traders window stickers will only be sent to members who hold a current CRT Trading Licence.
We reserve the right to alter, remove, and add to this list as necessary in the light of changing circumstances.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information
Once you have joined, please ask to join our Facebook page(s):